Reclamation + Mine Closure Planning
Rescan’s reclamation and mine closure planning department provides services for proposed, operating, and closed/historic developments. Mine closure planning is necessary at all stages of mine operations but now mines are typically designed for closure from the onset of project development. Reclamation and Closure planning is found within preliminary economic assessments (43-101), pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, operation plans, and due diligences.
Reclamation plans are designed to meet end land use objectives and are prepared according to provincial, federal, and international regulatory standards. Closure plans are comprehensive and are developed for waste rock storage areas, tailings management facilities, roads, pipelines, transmission line infrastructure, and acid and metal mine drainage (ML/ARD).
The Reclamation and Closure Plans are specifically designed for each site. Rescan’s designs incorporate innovative solutions required in arctic, temperate, and tropical areas.
The services include:
- Closure Requirement Assessments
- Closure Concept Development and Alternatives Analysis
- Soil Cover Design
- Reclamation Design
- Revegetation Prescription
- Preparation of Asset Retirement Obligation Documents
- Preliminary Cost Estimates Including for Monitoring
- Closing of Historic Sites
- Closure Planning Stakeholder Engagement
- Closure Water Management Strategies
- Post-closure Document Management